Dr Jon M Gingell
Role in the Centre:
- Former Post-doctoral research fellow who worked on the Cosmic Dust Experiment.
- Designed and constructed cosmic dust apparatus.
- Designed the original website for the centre and many of his pages are still accessible below.
- External experimental consultant - provides sound experimental advice to current members of the Cosmic Dust Lab.
BSc Physics with Space Science, UCL, 1994.
PhD Physics, UCL, 1998.
Other research interests:
Hubin-Franskin et al, University of Liège).
- Molecular spectroscopy using synchrotron radiation (with Molecular Physics Lab, UCL).
- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy (with Molecular Physics Lab, UCL).
- Dissociative electron attachment (with Dr Isobel Walker, Heriot Watt University).
- Photoelectron spectroscopy (with Prof Jacques Delwiche et al, University of Liège).
- Vibrational excitation of molecules using electron impact (with Prof Marie-Jeanne
- Aerosol formation in gas mixtures using UV lasers (with Molecular Physics Lab, UCL).
- Following the promotion-relegation cycle of Nottingham Forest FC
football, 10-pin bowling, darts, billiards, rugby, athletics (shot-put & discus)
- The history of the Space Race and spaceflight in general.
- The works of David Bowie.
- Sports I can play without making myself look a complete fool:
badminton, golf, pool, ice-skating
- Sports I try to play but usually end up looking a complete fool: